Sunday 26 August 2012

B-Cup... Cakes

I have reached the age where suddenly, people that I have known a long time start getting married and having babies. On a pretty massive scale. Sometimes, it makes me feel like I may have taken a wrong turn somewhere, but then I usually shrug and get back to thinking of more important things (like coming up with new tattoo ideas, wondering whether or not I'll get fired if I show up to work with my hair a brighter shade of purple, figuring out what my boyfriend would like to eat for dinner: vital stuff).

I am neither pro-marriage nor pro-kids, but I am pro-happiness, so whatever my friends do, as long as it makes them happy, it's a-OK by me.

My friend JD (who took that awesome pic of me with the meat cleaver: see top of the page) is one of those people getting married and making me feel old. And while I am obviously not attending the bachelor party (seriously, knowing him, I don't want to know how the Hell that evening will go down...), his sister asked me to contribute to the evening by preparing a dessert in the shape of what JD loves most in the world...


These are revamped vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese icing, tinted pink with Wilton pink gel food coloring, and topped with mini-Swedish berry candies. It was rather odd having two dozens tiny boobs all over my kitchen counter, but these were great fun to make!

Wishing you all the happiness in the world, JD! I hope you enjoyed the boob cakes! xx

P.S. JD, you still owe me a Key Lime pie! Don't think getting married means you are off the hook!

3 comments:

  1. I know! I know! I'll do it! I swear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog and I love these! My husband glanced at the screen and said "Boobs?!" I told him "Better! Cupcakes that look like boobs!"

    Yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete